Program begins August 4, 2017
The Spiritual companion Program is a 19 month training to respond to the growing need for spiritual guides.
It is a discernment program designed to help you find your call and introduce the theory, spirituality and practice of spiritual companioning for Christians today. To be a Spiritual Companion means that you offer yourself as a fellow traveler and a guide along the journey of faith. This program is designed to encourage and teach those who may have the gift of offering spiritual guidance to others, but who have not had formal training.
Some of the topics that will be covered are "The Six Great Traditions of Christian Faith"
- The Contemplative Tradition-a life of loving attention to God
- The Holiness Tradition-focuses upon the inward re-formation of the heart and mind
- The Charismatic Tradition-centers upon the empowering gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit
- The Social Justice Tradition-is a life committed to compassion and justice for all people
- The Evangelical Tradition-focuses upon the proclamation of God’s Word and the good news of the Gospel
- The Incarnation Tradition-addresses the need to experience God as truly manifest and active in daily life.
Faith Sharing is also incorporated throughout the session. Faith Sharing is a sharing of our vision of God and His grace that touches us throughout our lives through the difficulties and blessings of our lives.
The Faith Sharing Experience will reflect on the following:
- Faith in our early childhood
- Our call to our life style as an adult
- The peak experiences of God in our lives
- Our experience of Christ in our life
- How we see Christ in others
Contact Sr. Joetta at 765-348-3229 or email@example.com
for an aplication and a full packet of information.